You have a limited time to make your point and persuade your audience to take action. If you are using slides to underscore your pitch, be sure you follow these 6 rules from sales presentation training to keep your message clear and compelling.
- Don’t use too many! Slides should be used to bolster your message not overwhelm your audience.
- Never just read the slides. Keep the attention on you and your message. The slides should distill your ideas, not dominate them.
- Use graphics whenever possible to highlight main concepts…but keep them simple. The visuals will remain with your audience far longer than the words they hear.
- Rather than long, complicated sentences rely on key words to underline your points. Any explanation necessary can be covered in your talk, slide-by-slide, or in answer to questions at the end.
- Each slide should only cover one main idea and should have no more than 6 lines of text. The fewer the better for maximum impact.